The Uniondale Community Land Trust, Inc., “U-CLT”, is soliciting this Request for Proposals (RFP) from bookkeeping firms/bookkeepers for bookkeeping services supporting standard non-profit business activities, development projects, HUD HOME program and additional grant sponsor reporting, financial statements and annual audit support services.
Responses should be emailed to U-CLT Executive Director Nicole Jean Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Uniondale Community Land Trust, Inc. is a community-based non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation committed to revitalization and empowerment in Uniondale, New York. U-CLT uses the land trust model to create sustainably affordable homes (affordable at 50-80% of Nassau County’s AMI) through grassroots, community-led development. The organization focuses on owner-occupied homes, including those left behind by the foreclosure crisis, turning vacancy and abandonment into stable homeownership and economic opportunity.
U-CLT’s accounting and reporting requirements have recently expanded after receiving a project loan and several project and operational funding commitments. The organization seeks a firm or person, to perform bookkeeper duties using Intuit QuickBooks Accounting System with reporting responsibility to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, and directly reporting to the Finance Committee Chair and the Program Director.
Responses must include the following information:
- The qualification and experience with special emphasis on NYS AHC and HUD HOME program regulations.
- A description of the services offered in response to the SCOPE OF SERVICES Section outlined below.
- A description of the experience with Intuit QuickBooks and related computer software and computer systems.
- A fee estimate for a total monthly retainer cost and an hourly rate.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Scope of Services to be provided by this position includes:
- Responsibility for all bookkeeping functions, including but not limited to: bank reconciliations, invoicing, accounts payable, vouchering and payroll service input.
- Post and maintain general ledgers consistent with HUD, AHC and other grantor protocols.
- Prepare in coordination with the Executive Director a monthly work session warrant for all monthly bill payments.
- The timely preparation, in coordination with the Program Director and Finance Committee, of the annual operating budgets, budget revisions and financial statements to conform to HUD, AHC and other deadlines.
- Prepare and track grant draw-down reports for all projects.
- Provide regular donor and fundraising activity reports through a donor management software program like Aplos, Quickbooks, or Classy.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual reporting submissions to U-CLT’s grantors and funding foundations.
- On an ongoing basis and in conjunction with the closing of the books, conduct a “pre-audit” of accounting and internal control systems to determine exposure to comments and findings by external auditors.
- Work with external auditors on the annual audit.
- Review and advise U-CLT on an internal control system for accounting functions.